Sunday, April 19, 2009

Don't Try This At Home

Perhaps I should have clarified a few things when I started this blog. Please, do NOT try space travel unless you have the technological means to do so. One reader recently sent me a video of his first “take off,” and now I feel slightly responsible.

While I can’t say I know much about these “pocket rockets,” I can tell you with a fair amount of certainty that they are not equipped for intergalactic travel. Judging the by that horrible sound, they contain some sort of primitive motor, using who-knows what kind of fuel, which will never provide the necessary thrust to break through the ozone layer. And don’t even get me started on the inadequacies of that space helmet (stylish as it may be).

If you’re really interested in building your own space ship, I suggest heading down to your planet’s local Department of Orbiting Vehicles. They should have some pamphlets available with all the information you’ll need.

No comments:

Post a Comment